In our video, we go over 5 things you should do in Slovenia below:
1. Explore the center of Ljubljana. This is a nice and tidy capital that is easy to walk and full of high quality food at reasonable prices.
2. Visit the Ljubljana Dragon. The Ljubljana dragon is by far the most recognisable symbol of our capital city. From the Baroque era onwards, the dragon is a part of the city emblem. The dragon symbolizes courage, grandeur and power. It appears on car registration plates and buildings and it stands majestically on the Dragon Bridge.
3. Walk up to the Ljubljana castle. The castle is a key landmark of the town. Originally a medieval fortress, it was probably constructed in the 11th century and rebuilt in the 12th century.
4. Visit Lake Bled. Lake Bled is a lake in the Julian Alps of the Upper Carniolan region of northwestern Slovenia, where it adjoins the town of Bled. The area is a tourist destination. The lake is 35 km or about 1 hour from Ljubljana.
5. Walk around Lake Bled. The perimter of the lake is only about 6 KM. This is a great walk that shows the beauty of the lake as well as the one and only island in Slovenia called Bled Island.
Slovenia is a wonderful place that has seemingly pleasant influences from Italy, Croatia, Germany, and more. Why is it so different and overlooked? Many people don’t know where Slovenia is in Europe. Is Slovenia in Central Europe? Eastern Europe? Or Southern Europe? This question or confusion has led to Slovenia being bunched in with other Slavic or Eastern European countries, but Slovenia stands apart.