Big & Small spent a whirlwind 48 hours in Slovenia. Play the video to find out the 5 things you should absolutely do when visiting this beautiful, peaceful European gem.
1. Explore the center of Ljubljana. This small and tidy capital is easy to walk and full of high-quality food at reasonable prices.
2. Visit the Ljubljana Dragon. The Ljubljana dragon is perhaps the most recognizable symbol of the city. Symbolizing courage, grandeur, and power, the dragon appears on everything from car registration plates to buildings around town. The one you’ll want to see stands majestically on—what else—the Dragon Bridge.
3. Walk up to the Ljubljana Castle. The castle is a key landmark of the town. Originally a medieval fortress, it was constructed in the 11th century and rebuilt in the 12th century. The hike up is a nice little workout and totally worth every step.
4. Visit Lake Bled. Lake Bled is just 35 km (about a 1-hour bus ride) from Ljubljana, making it an ideal day trip. Located in the Julian Alps of the Upper Carniolan region of northwestern Slovenia, the lake is the sparkling center of the town of Bled.
5. Walk around Lake Bled. The perimeter of the lake is only about 6 km. Take your time winding around the lake, taking in the mountainous landscape and the adorable Bled Island, the only island in all of Slovenia.
Learn more about Slovenia in our video above!
2 thoughts on “48 Hours in Slovenia: Ljubljana, Lake Bled, Dragons, and More!”
Thank you very much for presenting Slovenia’s highlights.. You have done a great job! We hope your film will persuade travellers to stay even longer with us! Local guides would like you to feel really welcome and cosy so do not hesitate to contact us! Love to you all from Ljubljana, Slovenia!
Thank you for reading and watching! We’d love to go back to Slovenia and spend more time exploring!